Mama’s date night steak!
It had sugar…
…and everything nice…
Mama’s Date Night Flank Steak
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (you can use bottled but it won’t taste as good!)
- 1 cup green onion and tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I didn’t measure this, just poured it in)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger (I’ve used both fresh and dried – I think fresh tastes better though)
- 1 flank steak (mine was just under a pound)
Combine all ingredients (except steak) and mix well. Place steak and marinade in rectangular dish or large ziploc bag and marinate for 24-48 hours in refrigerator.
To cook on the grill, cook for 4 minutes, turn 90 degrees, flip and repeat. To cook indoors, heat a cast iron grill pan slowly over medium heat. Grill steak for 6 minutes, flip and grill for 5 minutes. Let rest on a plate covered with tinfoil for five minutes (both methods), then slice against the grain at a slight angle and serve. Bravissimo!
I didn’t take a picture because…well…it was date night! ;)
And remember my crazy caprese?
That’s some pink Himalayan sea salt right there!
Is that gorgeous, or what?!
Here’s the maple mustard chicken I had with it.
On the side, I had a New Glarus Spotted Cow.
And some strawbs + dark chocolate for a little sweetness :)
I have another dinner date tomorrow, and I’m still up doing laundry and cleaning — and have NO idea what I’m going to make! Any ideas?