I’m Still Here
No, I’m not referencing Joaquin Phoenix’s highly publicized and ultimately fake meltdown.
Just letting y’all know that I haven’t fallen into a ditch somewhere, or possibly lost my mind. (Okay, the latter may be true, but only a little bit)
Life is a little cray-cray right now, and despite the fact that I feel like my life is always a little nutso, it has been more difficult than usual lately.
- I’m having some health issues that will (hopefully) be resolved by the middle of next week – in the meantime, waiting is really tough
- A close family friend just started chemo for her second cancer diagnosis, and it’s horrifically scary :(
- I’m at a turning point in work where my initial training period is coming to an end and my performance is expected to increase significantly
- My 5k (and very first race) is Saturday morning
- I’m attempting to wade my way out of moderate (but substantial for me, who has never had any) credit card debt
- I’m still working to get over a break-up
- Horrible allergies and a messy apartment are making all of the above significantly more difficult
I have also been feeling significantly fatigued recently — moreso than my usual lazy self — and I’m thinking that my diet is lacking, so therefore my iron is lacking. I have all the necessary supplements at home, but my messy apartment and lack or organization makes it tough to get my act together.
On the to-do list tonight: get in a 2 mile run with Amy, pick up my race packet, hit up Trader Joe’s or WF for groceries (I have been eating random canned items for dinner…times are getting desperate), update the blog with a few funny stories, a few sad stories, and a few really great recipes (this may have to wait a bit longer :( sorry guys!), do the painfully huge mound of dishes in my sink, fold and put away the OTHER painfully huge mound of clothes atop my bed, and last but not least — get to bed at a decent hour.
I’m surprisingly cheerful for this level of craziness, but I may just be hiding from reality…who knows. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello — I promise I’m here and will be back soon. Missing my bloggies!